Chris Bonno is not your ordinary Whimsical Artist
Photo by Dan Dion
Here’s a shot that infamous Stand-up Comedian portrait artist Dion took of Chris awhile back. It combines both his comedy and his fine art as he works on a portrait of Jonathan Winters.
The week began with Sexy Coco Conan. It progressed with Tomato on the Range as well as delectable Une Paire De Poires (that’s french for pair of Pears). Who doesn’t love Vincent Price; and the Eye of the Agamatto is a treasure indeed. Steve Martin from the Jerk poster was highlighted to emphasize Chris’ many techniques and finally, the revisit of a classic, The Apartment. Need we say more. What a week!
Seven things we learned about Bonno:,
- He paints upside down (painting the bottom first and switching back and forth for shapes, colors and depth).
- He is painter, comedian, and actor with numerous appearances on tv shows, films, and tv commercials.
- Though he was the class clown in grade school, he received a fine arts degree from University of Texas at Austin with honors.
- He started his career as an illustrator for Austin Chronicle, L.A. Weekly including national publications.
- He is almost psychic… able to channel into the personality of a person’s spirit to bring out just the right amount of whimsy.
- He takes commissions, demonstrating people in fun whimsical ways.
- L.A. loves Chris Bonno.
Thank you Chris: See you around town!
Chris Bonno links:
This post was originally published on July 8, 2017, and has since been updated.
A review of Chris’s whimsical week as featured-artist at TribeLA Magazine, plus bonus article by Editor-in-Chief Janice Bremec Blum